Accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 plays an important role in supporting the creation of accurate and reliable results from laboratory testing, calibration, sampling, and measurement services across many sectors.
It is an international laboratory standard that laboratories must meet if they wish to demonstrate they:
- Operate competently
- Can generate valid results
- Are able to plan and address risks and opportunities
- Can act impartially
- Have consistent laboratory operations
“Great overview of the standard for anyone working in a laboratory, especially those new to supervisory/managerial roles.”
Amelia Cecchin, Medical Scientist, Human Immunology, SA Pathology, Frome Road
The main objectives are to introduce the ISO/IEC 17025 Standard and the various clauses and terminology that laboratories are assessed against for accreditation purposes.
- Identify and understand the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Understand processes for controlling risks associated with the laboratory’s testing processes
- Apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
While open to those considering accreditation to this Standard, it is also suited to laboratory and testing staff at all levels who need an understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 and how it relates to their Quality Management System.
What you will learn
The course examines the purpose of the Standard and how it is applied to the laboratory. There is a focus on risk as a contributing factor to compliance and how this is managed and a section on the key requirements needed for accreditation.
Overall, you will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Identify and apply tools to control risk factors
- Be able to apply the requirements of the Standard to the laboratory system.
Specific learning areas:
- General requirements: Discussion of key underpinning ethical concepts
- Structural requirements: Structuring your Quality Management System
- Resource requirements: Ways to effectively perform laboratory activities
- Process requirements: Characteristics of the laboratory system that generate technically valid results
- Management requirements: The management processes required to support laboratory operation
Location & cost.
Locations: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney.
Prices inc. GST.