The Art of Internal Auditing course provides a framework for successfully conducting internal audits that meet quality management standards and NATA accreditation requirements. The course covers the processes, knowledge, skills and documentation required to establish an internal audit programme, plan and conduct effective internal audits, and report on internal audit findings.
The course is based on the principles in ISO 19011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems and applies to facilities who may be considering, or in the process of becoming, accredited with NATA, or who are already accredited in Standards such as ISO9001, ISO14001 or any of the NATA accreditation programs including ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 15189.
“I found it very useful and informative and will recommend to my colleagues.”
Cheung Kee Lok
Who should do the course?
The course is relevant for individuals who:
- are responsible for their facility’s internal audit programme
- plan and/or conduct internal audits, and/or
- require an understanding of the facility’s internal audit requirements and practices (e.g. laboratory or management staff).
What you will learn
The course is a detailed exploration of the internal audit process. It develops knowledge and skills in auditing techniques and builds awareness and confidence to manage stakeholders who can significantly impact internal audit outcomes.
By the end of the 2-day course, you will be able to:
- describe the purpose and objectives of internal audits
- identify internal audit requirements in relevant Standards
- distinguish between different types of audits and approaches to audits
- establish an internal audit programme and schedule
- plan and document internal audits based on their individual scope and objectives
- develop and complete documentation to support the conduct of internal audits such as checklists and report forms
- identify the competencies required for the internal auditor role
- use different auditing and communication techniques to gather information and evidence
- facilitate internal audit meetings
- identify, analyse and report audit findings
- apply strategies to gain organisational support for the internal audit process.